Saturday 27 June 2015

Moto3 Qualifying At Assen: Ninth And Tenth Row For Kornfeil And Khairuddin


Assen, Netherlands – Friday 26th June
Circuit: TT Circuit Assen
Circuit Length: 4.5 km
Bike #63 – Zulfahmi Khairuddin
Qualifying: P30; 1’43.438 (DRY) – 17 laps
Bike #84 – Jakub Kornfeil
Qualifying: P25; 1’43.016 (DRY) – 16 laps
The DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team riders will start tomorrow’s Dutch Grand Prix from rows nine and ten, after qualifying in 25th place with Jakub Kornfeil and 30th with Zulfahmi Khairuddin.
Zulfahmi Khairuddin concluded the day just three tenths off his target time set from yesterday’s practice sessions but despite provisionally being placed in 25th, as the session progressed his time of 1’43.438s wasn’t enough to hold onto the position.
Making a strong start in qualifying Jakub Kornfeil set his fastest time of the weekend on lap three. Looking to continue his momentum the Czech rider pushed for further improvement, but was unable to take full advantage of his #84 KTM and better his time.
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“It’s been a very bad qualifying for us, similar to Barcelona actually. We were making a lot of progress before these last two rounds with Jakub, so I don’t understand why we have taken this step back. For Fahmi he has shown improvements throughout the practice sessions, but again his qualifying has let him down.
The race is still tomorrow so of course we are not giving up, but these results are not making it easy for anyone. Both bikes have been working well today, we just need both riders to be smarter and faster when they have to be because at the moment they are not doing a good enough job. This is clear. We are an experienced team with a lot of support, so we are not missing anything there and still we cannot do what we have to do. We have to continue to work hard for tomorrow and I hope that both Jakub and Fahmi can find more within themselves to improve.”
#63 Zulfahmi Khairuddin
“Qualifying was very difficult; I was sure I could do better with my lap time but for the last run I couldn’t get a clean lap. I’m not happy about my qualifying position but I feel I have definitely improved my feeling on the bike from the last race. Now we have to work on getting closer to the top because I believe that now my bike is able to do it. I just need to put more race into my riding and tomorrow I have to fight hard. I know I am quite strong in the first part of the track so I must take advantage of this and overtake as many riders as possible from the start.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil
“I don’t really know what to say; we are missing the speed and I feel like I am slow everywhere. I don’t know why this is because of course if I did I would go faster. In the beginning I started well and could make a very good lap time but towards the end of the session I really struggled with my feeling on the bike and wasn’t able to improve, so I am where I am. It’s very disappointing and I’m very sorry for everybody because they are all trying their best. I think now I have to reset and focus on the race tomorrow. If it is dry I don’t think it will be easy but I will push as much as I can and I hope that some luck will be on our side.”
-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supported DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.
Note: DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Polo T-shirt & Round Neck T-shirt is now available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.