Wednesday 15 April 2015

DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Head South For First Back-To-Back Race Of The Year

Photo Credit: Gold & Goose Photography

Argentina – Wednesday 15th April
Circuit: Termas de Río Hondo
Circuit Length: 4.8 km
Following the team’s first point scoring race in Austin, the DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team have no time to rest, as they make their way south to Argentina for the first back-to-back race weekend of the year.
The Argentina Grand Prix will host round three of the World Championship at the impressive Termas de Río Hondo, where riders Zulfahmi Khairuddin and Jakub Kornfeil hope to continue their positive momentum with a top fifteen result.
Located in the Province of Santiago del Estero, the Latin American circuit is renowned for being tough on tyres due to the high speeds, hard braking zones and high camber angles. The fast layout combines five left-hand and nine right-hand corners, challenging riders to reach the highest average speeds of the year.
#63 Zulfahmi Khairuddin
“I love the circuit in Argentina. There are a lot of fast corners and braking points which I enjoy a lot. Although we’ve been struggling a little with the fast corners, we made a lot of progress with our set up in Austin and I’m feeling very comfortable on my bike. I feel I have also adapted more to the KTM now and improved my riding style. I feel that I can push more and be strong from the start. In Argentina I will work again like this and providing we don’t have any technical issues, I think we can be very competitive.”
#84 Jakub Kornfeil 
“I think Argentina will suit the KTM well because there are less stop and go corners like in Austin, so I’m looking forward to getting out on track and seeing what we can do there. We still need to improve the set up a little bit more but if we can do this at the start of the weekend, for sure we will do better and finish higher up the field. Our target is to be in the top ten and this is what we will be working towards from first practice on Friday.”
Johan Stigefelt – Team Manager
“The Termas de Río Hondo is a nice track with a very good layout, so it’s good to be going back to Argentina. I’m happy we’re going straight after Austin too, so we can keep the positive momentum going. We’ve scored our first points now and I hope we can continue to build on this.
It’s very important for us to do well from the first practice, so again this will be our main focus. We also have something new to try, which we will start with immediately, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes. In Austin we also made some very good progress with Fahmi, so I’m pleased about this. You can’t see it from the recent results but we’ve made a significant step forward and I’m confident that he can show this in Argentina.”
-SIC Racing Team facebook.
PelanconganKini supported DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team.

Note: New DRIVE M7 SIC Racing Team Polo T-shirt & Round Neck T-shirt is now available at http://www.m7shop.com/home.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.